Friday, November 30, 2012

Noise or Silence?

Posted by: Loribelle Hunt
What gets you working? I’m one of those people who can’t write in silence. It must a remnant of all the years I had little kids at home and had to learn to function with chaos. For some reason, though they’ve all been in school several years (two teenagers! eek!), I never adjusted to silence. I have to have background noise. I’ve discovered that just any noise won’t work though. When I’m writing there is particular music I listen to over and over again, or tv shows I glom. If I’m writing SFR I tend to watch more paranormal or crime related shows. For PNR, I veer to science fiction or crime shows. As for music, I’m pretty much all over the place lol.

 My new series, The Elect (available at Samhain Publishing) is about the next step in human evolution. I wrote the 3 novellas back to back so I spent a lot of time in this world and went through a lot of music and tv. I won’t list it all, but here are a few of my favorites.

Music
1. After the Storm, Mumford and Sons
2. Always, Saliva
3. One Thing, Finger Eleven
4. It’s Been Awhile, Staind
5. Best I Ever Had, Gary Allan

TV Shows
1. Dollhouse
2. Stargate Universe
3. Firefly
4. Space 2001
5. Numb3rs

What about y’all? Do you have a preferred writing process? Favorite music or other background noise?

~~~~
They aren’t human. They’re the next step in evolution and they’re hiding in plain sight. They’re senses are sharper, finely honed. Stronger. Smarter. Faster. Nature has created the perfect predator.

Welcome to the top of the food chain.

Zach Littman has made one major screw up in his life. He let his wife go. He’d give anything to reverse that blunder, but as long as she stays away he’s willing to leave her be. Now, with the Elect under attack, Mallory volunteers for a dangerous mission to gather information they desperately need. She’s back in Zach’s territory and he has every intention of making up his past mistakes. If she lives long enough.

Samhain||Amazon||Barnes & Noble

1 comment:

  1. I like to write with music in the background - just my iPod shuffle of everything under the sun - but pretty much after a few minutes of writing I'm in the flow and don't really hear it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...