Saturday, November 17, 2012

Always the Bridesmaid

Posted by: Jenny Schwartz
Do you love or loathe the recent trend to link books? You know, as the series unrolls, each character gets "their" book. Personally, I love this trend. Often, no matter how caught up I am in the romance of the leading characters, one of the supporting cast will snag my heart. William did this in Ilona Andrew's On the Edge. I was so pleased when we got his story in Bayou Moon. From the beginning of Cindy S Pape's steampunk series, I've wanted Wink's story, and Moonlight & Mechanicals was worth the wait.

So who story have you waited for and then been delighted to read? And whose story are you still waiting to read? If Patricia Briggs doesn't do Ben's story soon, I'm going to burst!

As an author, intriguing supporting characters are both bane and blessing. You have to fight to keep them from running away with the current book, but you are inspired and eager to start the next book, their story.

4 comments:

  1. Ben! I would love to read a story from Sam or Bran's POV. Doesn't have to be romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed when authors link books! I remember being so excited for Suzanne Brockmann's Tall, Dark and Dangerous books to come out years ago when I read Silhouette Intimate Moments, and they never disappointed. More recently, I've enjoyed JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eleri, I would LOVE a story from Bran's pov. He's amazing.

    Good reminder, Angela. Linking stories isn't just recent, as I implied by calling it a trend. There have been some great series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another author who spawns awesome spin-off characters who deserve their own book is Shannon K. Butcher. I love her paranormal romance Sentinal Wars series.


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...