Friday, November 2, 2012

I'm Excited...

Posted by: Janni Nell



And here are the reasons:

It’s spring in Australia—my favourite time of year. I love the warmer weather, the longer hours of daylight, the blooming garden and the lead up to Christmas (yep, I’m a sucker for cheesy decorations and songs). Then comes summer and lazy weekends of swimming, barbies (the outdoor cooking not the dolls), and cricket (for The Bloke), which gives me plenty of undisturbed reading time.

I’ve finished the fifth Allegra Fairweather story and submitted it before deadline (okay only slightly before but still). I love that this story has a few twists and surprises in store for Allegra and Casper. Their relationship will certainly be tested and maybe even changed a little. But that’s all I’m saying.

With the new Allegra manuscript handed in and no more contracts signed, I’m free to pursue some new characters, who have been clamouring to have their story told. Usually I’m a bit of a pantser, but this time, I intended to plan the whole thing before I even began writing. I endured about five minutes of planning before I ran screaming back to pantsing. Sometimes all you can do is embrace your individual creative process.

I’m going to the inaugural genrecon this weekend. It’s in my hometown so only a short cab ride to the venue. The program looks great! Only downside, I won’t have email access so won’t be able to reply to any comments until I return home.

Lastly and definitely not least I’m excited to be a part of this blog and the amazing group of writers who keep it running. You guys rock!

Follow me on Facebook or check my website for news.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I was at GenreCon!

    What a great way to celebrate getting your MS in early :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing the new Allegra, Janni! And Yay for spring - heading into the deep, dark winter here in Alaska. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard for me to think of Christmas and Spring together. ; )

    I once plotted an entire book. Never wrote it. It just felt too finished. Tried to edit but for some reason I'd just lost my interest. I'm a modified panster. I know where I'm going...just not exactly how I'm gonna get there. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny: Genrecon was great. I'm exhausted.

    Hi Regan: Thanks. And I love stories set in Alaska.

    Hi Shawna: From now on I'm going to call myself a modified pantser.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...