Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's November, and For Some, the Writing Craziness Has Only Begun

Posted by: Linda Mooney
November is a time when authors try to rev up their creative engines and tackle the NaNoWriMo, otherwise known as National Novel Writing Month. I tried in the past to tackle composing 50,000 words in 30 days, and I always got off to a great start, but then one of three things usually happened: I wrote myself into a corner, I lost interest in the story, or I came to the realization that the story wasn't going to fill up all that room. And all three of these problems boiled down to one undeniable truth - I can't write under pressure. 

I was that way through high school and college. Give me a term paper with a month-long deadline, and I was a happy camper. I'd start on the project that day, get it finished about a week prior to the due date, then sit back and watch all the other students scurry like ants to get theirs done at the last minute.

I like to take my time. No deadlines. No rushing. No stress headaches. Better still, if I find myself greeting that corner again, or petering out on an idea, I have the option of picking up where I left off on another book. You could say it's a wonder I have completed any books at all!

My latest release, believe it or not, was started three years ago. I felt it was a good premise, and I loved the characters, but I didn't have an ending for it in my head yet. While perusing my works-in-progress file, I came across it, reread and edited what was already there, and voila! I finally knew what I was going to do with it!

So letting it stew subconsciously all this time was a good thing for me. Guess you could say my brain works like a crock pot.
*****

Breachers: Holt and McKenna

A sensuously erotic urban fantasy, paranormal romance
by Linda Mooney
(ebook) ISBN# 978-1-4507-1947-6
Word Count: 28.1K
http://www.lindamooney.com/
Now available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, All Romance eBooks, and BookStrand

They are the cause of many legends, myths, and fairy tales. And they still live among us.
 
There are creatures from a parallel world called Breachers who, for hundreds of years, have been inadvertently pulled into our world. They are the truth behind the creatures normally considered to be mythic. Once on Earth, they cannot go back, and those who cannot cope become rabid. Murderers. And when they go berserk, they must be put down.
 
Jerrod Holt always wondered why he was selected to be part of the secret governmental organization. More perplexing was why his skills as a professional bodyguard were needed.
 
He discovers his partner assigned to help him bring down a Breacher is the one woman who had caught his eye the moment he saw her at their initial group meeting. Together, he and McKenna travel to Utah to confront a killer beast, not knowing that the terror would be all too real, and too damn close to home.

Warning: Contains bloody deaths, smart ass remarks, unbearable cold, a nightmare come to life, toe loss, rabbit farming, a search for the truth, and an unconditional love that defies all boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...