Friday, January 1, 2016

Books We're Anticipating in 2016!

Posted by: Veronica Scott
Veronica Scott: Happy New Year to everyone and hope your holiday season has been full of warmth and good times to date. We thought it might be fun today if we listed a few books we're looking forward to in 2016, and also mentioned some new titles of our own on the horizon.

I'm counting the moments till author Grace Draven releases the sequel to Radiance, which was an epic fantasy romance that I totally adored and reread more than once. More than twice! The sequel is entitled Eidolon and I'm told it's in the beta read state. I'm also keenly anticipating the next Twelve Kingdoms novel from our own Jeffe Kennedy, The Pages of the Mind, starring the character of Dafne the Librarian and launching a whole new set of novels located in this world she's created. And of course I'm always eager for new Nalini Singh books, no matter which of her series they may be!

As for myself, I'm working on Star Cruise: Outbreak, the followup to Star Cruise: Marooned. This new story takes place on an interstellar space liner where a deadly virus suddenly infects passengers and crew alike. And I've promised to write the sequel to Wreck of the Nebula Dream this year and continue the story of surviving passengers Khevan and Twilka. We'll see what else happens in 2016. I do have an epic portal fantasy romance of my own to release, Lady of the Star Wind, waiting on a cover and the final edit.


Jenny Schwartz: The Brimstone Affair by Lisa Shearin ought to kick off the year in fine style. New York gets zany as well as magical in this great series. Then I have to wait till March to read The Undoing by Shelly Laurenston. Vikings re-imagined in Los Angeles. Oh awesomeness!

I'm also super excited that my own paranormal romance novel, Dragon Knight, will be out in February. I've been wanting to write Lewis Bennett's story for so long -- the committed guardian who has burned out his magic, but still serves the Collegium.




Janni Nell:  In 2016 I'm looking forward to reading At the Edge of the Orchard by Tracy Chevalier. I love that this author bounces around different time periods and countries with each new book. You never know what to expect—except awesome writing, of course.

Closer to home, I'm eagerly anticipating the release of my next paranormal mystery in Spring 2016. I haven’t decided on a title, and the cover hasn't been designed, but I can tell you it’s set in Cornwall, England. There are ghosts, a ballsy heroine, and a bad boy hero.




Kelly Jensen: I'm looking forward to reading Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen. I've enjoyed every book of the Vorkosigan Saga and can't wait to read more about Cordelia Vorkosigan. It's about time she got another book!

Jenn Burke and I have two more books in the Chaos Station series due out in 2016. Inversion Point and Phase Shift will finish Zander and Felix's story—not completely, but for now. I also have a couple of solo releases, both contemporary romance (male/male) with Dreamspinner Press.



Nicole Luiken: I'm excited to read the final Temeraire book by Naomi Novik in July. (As much as I loved Uprooted, it was hard to wait an extra year for League of Dragons) In addition to the books Veronica and Kelly mentioned, I'm also anticipating Peace Talks by Jim Butcher and Project Elfhome by Wen Spencer (neither of which have cover art yet).

For myself, I have two YA books scheduled to release this year. Golden Eyes, the next Mike and Angel novel, should come out in January, and Amid Wind & Stone, the second Otherselves book, in March.



Raven's Heart the much-awaited third book of my award-winning Ravensblood series will be out in early February!

I am also hoping to release this fall  the first in a series of steampunk Victorian detective novels with werewolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...