Friday, October 13, 2017

Crafting a Fan Favorite

Posted by: Joely Sue Burkhart
Ah, fall is in the air here in the Midwest, and that means I'm feeling crafty!

I want to drag out my cozy yarns and start making hats, gloves, shawls, maybe even a blanket. (Who am I kidding - I always get sick of the pattern and colors before I ever finish a big blanket.)

This year, I've noticed a ton of awesome fan-inspired projects.  Love Wonder Woman? There's a cool shawl pattern available (knit, crochet).

Know a Dr. Who fan?  These crochet fingerless gloves were a fun challenge to whip up for a Christmas gift. (Yes, I'm actually ahead for once! One gift down.)

My daughter wants me to make her Toothless, but I've never tried amigurumi.

And of course Outlander has inspired many beautiful chunky, rustic cowls and projects.

The Tentacles of Doom scarf above is my favorite project I've ever made, though I've never actually worn it. He's not exactly a fan favorite but he was fun to make.

If you're crafty, are you making any gifts? I'd love to see your progress in comments - and maybe get inspired to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...