Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Long Road to Love

Posted by: R.L. Naquin
When I first thought about writing a story about a Greek Muse, I imagined a woman whose life was such a wreck, putting her in charge of helping other people would be ridiculous. Satisfied that my premise was solid, yet weird, I went on to work on the plots for the Unfinished Muse and Unamused Muse.

I talk to myself a lot when I'm plotting a book. (Who am I kidding? I talk to myself all the time.) So, for this Muse idea I had, I asked myself questions to get the ball rolling.

"What does she want? What's her backstory? How does she look? Why is she such a loser?"

"Who will she fall in love with?"

My answer to myself on that last question was sharp, loud, and startled the cats into thinking it was time to wake up for dinner.

"No! Look at what a mess she is. No boys for her! Not until she fixes herself."

Harsh, right? So harsh. But the more I thought about it, the more clearly I could see Wynter Greene. She's almost unlikable in the first book, at least in the beginning. She's drifting through life without any sort of roots or anchor, not really caring about herself or the people around her. She quits every job, every project, and every relationship at the first sign of trouble or inconvenience.

Wynter herself is a project.

It took three books for Wynter to grow into the person I'd imagined she'd become. Along the way she runs into all sorts of problems, and love is the last one for her to sort out. Family, friends, career—it's all important.

But in the end, we all want to be loved, right?

Wynter's final book, Uninspired Muse, is out now. It took a little longer than I expected, but her story is finally told. Did she actually get her Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to find out for yourself.



Rachel writes stories that drop average people into magical situations filled with heart and quirky humor.

She believes in pixie dust, the power of love, good cheese, lucky socks and putting things off until the last minute. Her home is Disneyland, despite her current location in Kansas. Rachel has one husband, two grown kids and a crazy-catlady starter kit.

Sign up for her newsletter for news, extras, and exclusive stuff: Newsletter
Hang out with her here: Website Blog Facebook Twitter
Buy her books here:  Amazon B&N Carina Press

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...