Thursday, March 5, 2020

When fiction becomes fact: Wait…Am I haunted now?

Posted by: Angela Campbell
Sorry for the long lapse in blogging, again. I have repeatedly tried to crawl my way out of the murky depths of grief and depression for the past two years, only to get dragged back under every now and then. Boy, am I messy each time I reach the shore after flailing about for a while. Sorry about that.

Approximately six months ago I decided to start being social on social media again – but only twitter since Facebook overwhelms me, y’all. Not even kidding about the anxiety it induces in me, but I digress. The writing community on twitter is fantastic. In general, I think of twitter as a cesspool for humanity, except for 98% of the creatives on there, who are all very supportive of one another. Anyway.

I’ve been mostly tweeting about cats (I rescue them), podcasts (I listen to them), and my ghost.

Wait, what?

That’s right. I said ghost. Let me point out that I've always been transparent about my love for all things spooky. I've blogged here before, years and years ago, about my lifelong experiences with the paranormal, including my readings with supposed psychics, ghost-hunting with my niece, and the shared experiences I've had with a friend who grew up in a truly scary haunted house which prompted me to contact Ed and Lorraine Warren of "The Conjuring" fame many years ago to help her (that's a whole 'nother story, y'all).

I think I've half-heartedly blogged about my new possibly haunted house before, but since moving into my home almost 2 years ago, I’ve experienced some strange things that have led me to believe I might be sharing it with a spirit or two. I know not everyone believes in ghosts, and it might seem awfully gimmicky if a lady who includes haunted houses, psychics, and ghosts in her books suddenly starts proclaiming she’s haunted, but I’m being 100% sincere when I share the oddities I experience in my home here and on twitter. To be honest, I'm posting them on twitter so I will have a journal and timestamp for some of them — you know, in case I need to seek professional help in the form of a priest or witch doctor or psychiatrist or whatever.

Am I haunted? To be honest, I don’t know. Maybe. Maybe I’m really that mentally ill. I am made up of part Mulder, part Scully, so I want to believe but can’t get past my own skepticism sometimes. I always try to reason away the things that happen, but folks, things are happening more and more now. I also have been dealing with some strange health problems over the past year. I am always sick, feel drained, and while the doctors have diagnosed me with a couple of autoimmune diseases in recent months, the treatments haven’t worked all that well. I’m still always sick and I hate it. It was in the back of my mind but I didn’t want to voice the idea aloud, so of course, my friend did it for me. “What if your health problems are related to Carol?” she said. Carol is what she named my ghost, by the way.

Here is a highlight of some of the tweets I’ve posted about my, ahem, ghostly roommate since I last mentioned it on this blog. If you click on some of these, they open the thread that explains more, but I didn't want to put ALL of my haunted tweets here!








Maybe I should start a hashtag to keep track of these better. Any suggestions? If I start having #DearDavid-type experiences, you’d better believe I am moving as soon as I can figure out how to so please don't suggest #DearCarol to me. Thank you.

I also wish I could say my possible ghost adventures have inspired me to start writing more, but I’m still struggling there. Basically, I hate everything I write and have written, but I’m not giving up. I’ll get back to finishing my next book or screenplay….someday. In the meantime, I’ll continue to pop in and blog here whenever I can, as long as they don't kick me off for being that weird lady who has 14 cats and thinks she's haunted. In the meantime, feel free to send me cat gifs, chocolate, and money as encouragement.

Happy early St. Patrick’s Day, everyone.

***

Angela Campbell is the author of the psychic detective series, a paranormal romantic suspense series featuring ghosts, sexy psychics, haunted houses, serial killers ... and cats and dogs. Learn more about her books at www.angelacampbellonline.com.

1 comment:

  1. Eek! Ghosts are much more fun to read about than to have in your home. Time to consider moving? (Says the woman who HATES moving with a passion and has vowed not to move again until its time for the old folks' home)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...