Thursday, July 5, 2018

Late to the Party

Posted by: Nicole Luiken

I love urban fantasy and paranormal romance. With the recent publishing drought in these subgenres and (sniff) many of my favourite series wrapping up (Kate Daniels, Charley Davidson, Kara Gillian, Hearstriker, Iron Druid…)  I’ve started actively looking for new series. Or rather old series that I missed when they started years ago and had a successful run with a long backlist.
The good news is there are lots of great series out there that I missed!
But I definitely have a late-to-the-party feeling where I want to rave about my new discoveries--but they’re only new to me.
Just in case I’m not the only one who missed them the first time, here are some of my new gloms:

1/ Jennifer Estep’s Elemental Magic series featuring Gin Blanco, the assassin known as the Spider.  I bought book one when I saw the author at the When Words Collide convention. I was a little leery of an assassin character, but Gin quickly won me over and I’ve just finished book seven with lots more to go. 
2/ Ann Aguirre’s Corine Solomon series about an antique dealer with a talent for psychometry. While I enjoyed book one, I didn’t truly get hooked on the series until the seriously creepy book two. 
3/ Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress series featuring Cat and Bones. I really do feel like I’m the last person to discover this series. I just read book one and plan to go on to book two very soon.

Any recommendations?  I have yet to try Karen Chance or Chloe Neill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...