Friday, September 24, 2021

Begin Again

Posted by: PG Forte

 It's hard to believe that September is almost over. It feels like just a few days ago that I was waking up and whispering, "Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit..." or am I the only one who's recently discovered/become obsessed with this (apparently very old) superstition? 

But, here we are, at the end of the month that, for many of us, still signals new beginnings--a holdover from our school days, I suppose. Or numerology, I guess, since 9 is the number of completion, and you can't begin again without ending something else. 

I've spent most of the month writing--definitely a new beginning there, since I'm still coming off a years' long writing drought. The two stories I've spent the most time on this month will each be released as part of a multi-author anthology (also relatively new for me), both are related to my Oberon series (which needs a new beginning--just sayin') and neither of them are (strictly speaking) romances. This is something else I've noticed happening to many of my fellow romance writers. We're stepping away from what we know, or what we've always done to try something new. 

One of these stories releases on Saturday--woo-hoo! Hungry Heart is a (hopefully) creepy little tale that I pulled out of Oberon's seventh book Visions Before Midnight. It's currently part of the Revenge is Sweet Collection of Halloween Tales, which has a suitably creepy cover. 

It's the most wonderful time of the year...for revenge. 

Halloween is a time for tricks, mayhem and murder. This collection of Halloween tales follows the wronged as they seek retribution for the crimes against them. 

By whatever means necessary. 

Read the deliciously dark stories from S. K. Gregory, Ashley Brion, R Jaye, N. D. Testa, DJ Shaw and P. G. Forte.

Buy link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09H3643ZH


The other story I've been working on is for the Holiday Kisses, Sweet, Hot and Christmassy Anthology. The cover is gorgeous, and very romantic, and my story...is not. It's a riff on It's a Wonderful Life, so it wouldn't be. Amazingly, it took me quite a while to realize that. I think it's because I'm so used to thinking of Scout and Nick's story as a romance--which it is. And it didn't occur to me that this particular tale is not, in itself, a romance. It's quite cute, however, and I'm enjoying the writing of it very much. I just hope readers will feel the same. 

Experience the magic of romance this Christmas. 

Holiday Kisses is a festive collection of ten exclusive Christmas stories that will make you fall head over heels in love. Are you ready to take a journey with us? Get into the Christmas spirit with these swoon-worthy romances this holiday season.  ️

Stories by Adina D. Grey, Ann Grech, Maci Dillon, Rosie East, Samantha Baca , CJ McKnight, PG Forte, Andrea Marie, ️Holly J. Gill, and ️Lynn Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...