Thursday, August 1, 2019

WHAT WE'RE READING THIS SUMMER - by the Here Be Magic Authors

Posted by: Dani Harper, Author
We associate a lot of happy things with summer - watermelon, camping, lemonade, gardening, barbecues, sunny weather and beaches. Many of us would add BOOKS to that list! 

Writers are readers too, so some of the Here Be Magic gang have revealed what they've been enjoying this season. We'd love to know what YOU'RE reading and welcome your comments.

……………………..


MAUREEN – “As an author, sometimes it seems that there's never enough time to read. This summer I decided I was going to make time. 

"Some books that I read this summer include: Year One and Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts, The Bird and the Sword, The Queen and the Cure, and What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon, The Witch's Daughter and The Winter Witch by Paula Brackston. 

“Then I decided to go 'old school' and back to one of my favorite writers and read Joyland by Stephen King and am currently reading The Outsider.” ~ Maureen Bonatch www.maureenbonatch.com 
……………………..




LINDA – “On a lark, I bought Nora Roberts’ Morrigan’s Cross (Circle Trilogy Bk. 1).  I didn’t know she wrote fantasy/paranormal, so this is a first for me.” ~ Linda Mooney  www.lindamooney.com 


……………………..


JODY – “In fiction, I’ve been relaxing with Gravity by Maggie Lynch and Rock Rift by Elsa Jade; Hot and Badgered by Shelly Laurenston; Herb-Witch by Elizabeth McCoy.

“In nonfiction, it’s been Fight Write: How to Write Believable Fight Scenes, travel guides about Puerto Rico and a crochet book about motifs.” ~ Jody Wallace www.jodywallace.com 


……………………..

DANI – “With hub’s health issues this summer, I’ve spent a lot of time in waiting rooms. SO grateful for my Kindle that puts a library at my fingertips! I’m a fan of Devon Monk and started her Ordinary Magic series. I’m one of those readers who always have several books on the go, so I’m also reading The Cage by Megan Shepherd and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. 


“Having adopted a plant-based diet, I’ve been trying out a lot of vegan recipes from The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook for Your Instant Pot and The Easy Vegan Cookbook, both by Kathy Hester. I’ve created some spectacular failures but also discovered some great food that even my carnivorous family will eat!” ~ Dani Harper www.daniharper.com 

……………………..


PG - "While I wait impatiently for Jenny Schwartz' new book Space Rodeo and Josh Lanyon's Mainly by Moonlight to drop, I've been tackling my TBR pile this summer and getting caught up on favorite series I'd been neglecting--like Dani Harper's Changeling series and RL Naquin's Djinn Haven series

"This summer I also enjoyed reading Jordan L Hawk's latest book in her SPECTR series, Stalker of Shadows." ~ PG Forte www.PGForte.com

……………………..

What are YOU reading this summer? 
Leave us a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...