Thursday, January 12, 2017

2017, Bring It On!

Posted by: Jenny Schwartz
I'm feeling feisty. A new year means new opportunities. Of course, every day brings those, but there's something in the turn of a calendar that's special. In 2017 I want to grab all of the opportunities.

One of the things I missed last year was trying new-to-me authors. Thankfully, Amazon finally opened up Kindle Unlimited (its subscription library) to Australians in December and I'm finding that now that I can borrow books rather than break my book budget each month, I'm reading more adventurously.

If you're interested in my Kindle Unlimited discoveries, I share some most weeks in my blog.

I'm shaking up my attitude this year. 2016 rattled most people with its politics and other happenings. This year my goal is to be more resilient.

Resilience fascinates me. It's about having more than one way to reach your objective. What do you want? What can you do to achieve it? How has your life to this point prepared you to reach your goals? As a writer I'm very aware of the power of stories. Now, I just have to make sure that the stories I tell myself are empowering and not self-sabotaging.

*puts on cheerleader costume, begins jumping* Go, me! Go, me! *slumps to the floor, exhausted*

Okay, so maybe being enthusiastic and hopeful and ... goshdarn it ... perky! requires practise. Never mind. I have all year :)

Happy 2017!

P.S. Have you bought or borrowed in Kindle Unlimited by new release, Phoenix Blood? You know you want to! (and yes, that's me resolving to be prouder of my achievements).


Phoenix Blood buy link: https://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Blood-Old-School-Book-ebook/dp/B01M0DLOKL/ 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...