Just for fun, I thought I would share my TBR pile. (TBR = To Be Read) Mine is partly a physical pile on a table and partly a queue on my ereader.
At the top of the TBR pile is, of course, my current read. Or, as frequently happens, my current reads plural. At the time I am writing this post my current read is Falling From the Light by Regan Summers, third (and I believe final) book in her Night Runners series. Based on how quickly I read the previous two books about Sydney Kildare, courier to vampires, I may well be done it by the time this is actually posted on Friday.
Next up are two YA books. I will probably not read these in a row, but rather pick one and postpone the other one.
1. Killer Instinct, by Dawn Dalton and Judith Graves. I love the cover and the tagline for this YA monster-hunter novel. Where there’s no life, there’s Hope. (Hope, of course, being the name of the main character.)
2. Night Sky, by Melanie and Suzanne Brockmann. I love Suzanne’s adult romantic suspense novels, which often feature Navy SEALs. This is her first YA and takes place in the same world as her sole paranormal romance Born to Darkness.
I like to alternate genres, so after that I may go on to a romance.
3. Blind Faith by Rebecca Zanetti. Despite the generic male torso cover and the contemporary setting, this one is actually a science fiction romance in that it features four brothers, genetically-designed as supersoldiers, who are trying to keep free from their makers. This is book three in the series.
4. Raven’s Wing by Shawna Reppert. I read the first book in this urban fantasy series a few weeks ago and am eager to read more. A dark mage is trying to turn over a new leaf, but is often faced with very dark choices.
5. Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton. This one is often described as Jane Austen only with dragons (the author herself describes it as Anthony Trollope with dragons, but since I’ve never read any Trollope that’s not helpful to me). My husband recommended this one and it sounds right up my alley… unfortunately I mired down in the first chapter. I still intend to read it, but somehow it always falls to the bottom of my TBR pile. Someday.
What books are in your TBR pile?