Thursday, January 13, 2022

Deadline!

Posted by: PG Forte

 Douglas Adams said it best: "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." I usually have a love/hate relationship with deadlines myself. Sometimes I find them motivating, other times not so much. And, yeah, I usually manage a sense of equanimity in the rare instance when one flies past unmet. Not this time though. That's because this time around the stakes are a little higher than normal. If this deadline isn't met, it will screw with my publishing plan for the rest of the year. And I really need that to not happen. 

So, instead of a post, I'm going to link to an excerpt from Truth or Dare--the first book in my Games We Play series. The reason I chose that book is two-fold. Number one, the most recent book in the series, The Name Game goes on sale in less than two weeks. January 24, to be exact. Number two, it's one of the books featured in a romance series starters promo I'm involved with (link below). 

With some books, you always feel like you didn't quite hit your mark. Maybe there was a plot hole, or a character that no one got. Maybe you lacked the skill to transcribe the story as it existed in your head. 

Other stories turn out exactly the way you wanted. This book--and really the entire series for the most part, even considering the convoluted timeline of book three--is definitely the latter. It's been a fun series to write, which I guess is in keeping for a series with both "games" and "play" in the title!

Link to excerpt:http://rhymeswithforeplay.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-beachin-winter.html

Link to BookFunnel Promo: https://books.bookfunnel.com/firstinromanceseries/id5zup4qds



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...