Thursday, December 12, 2019

Coffee in the Shower

Posted by: Linda Mooney
Yes, you read that right. Coffee in the shower.

After untold hours of sitting in front of my computer, either writing, 
editing, working on my webpage and blogs, doing promotion, recording for an audiobook, or any number of other tasks I perform while my keister is parked in the chair, by the end of the day I'm stressed, tired, and generally unable to hold another thought in my head.

That's where a nice hot shower and an equally good cup of java come in.

I don't know what other authors do to unwind and hopefully get the ideas flowing again. I've tried long walks, as well as exercising. Brief weekend getaways often help. But nothing beats having the water massaging my back and shoulders. Add a sip every now and then of joe, and suddenly my brain picks up on little details I need to address in my current WIP. Or, better yet, I get a whole new slew of ideas for a story. By the time I'm done and pruney, I'm ready to make notes of what came to me, to tackle the next day.


I will say this, however. When people ask me where I get most of my ideas, I honestly hesitate to tell them the whole truth.

We all have our own little quirks and idiosyncrasies. How do you like to unwind?


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
New!
TUFFY CLAUS
Contemporary Fantasy Romance
by Linda Mooney
Word Count: 27.8K
$2.99 e
/ $6.99 p

Note: This is a sweet romance, but it does contain language and scenes of violence.

It’s another night on the job for Deputy Sheriff Barbara Mero, giving chase to a suspect in a stolen vehicle. But when someone beats her to the perp, she’s not sure whether to step in or not. Before she can stop him, a sledgehammer-wielding bearded biker on a red Harley delivers his own punishment, but with his parting words, Babs isn’t so sure he’s another bad guy.

After further investigation, Babs knows this vigilante “Santa” meant well, but there’s no proof he was even there. And after a few more run-ins with the red-cloaked badass, she’s torn between duty and justice, but in her heart she knows he’s the real deal.

You see, there’s a side of the story of Santa that doesn’t get told, and that’s where Dominik comes in. Being the twin to Kris, Dom’s job isn’t near as merry, though still necessary, answering the letters from the kids who want more than just toys. Those who want a better, safer life, food, and shelter. Basic needs a kid shouldn’t have to wish for on Christmas. Although he’s accepted his own lot in life, Dominik still has one regret. It’s a lonely life. 

There’s another side to jolly old Saint Nick, and he ain’t a saint.

Warning! Contains German chocolate cake, a modified red Harley, Sadie, justice served, a child's letter to Santa, a coffee date, and the promise of love when no hope of love had ever existed.

Excerpt and Buy Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...