Saturday, June 14, 2014

Notes From the Road

Posted by: PG Forte

One of the best parts of travel, if you're an author, is all the research you can do. New places, new people, new sights and sounds and smells and tastes, new cultures--the story ideas just seem to jump out at you. Before you know it, your brain starts buzzing with all the "what ifs".


So I've been in Bali for the past two weeks and it's been pretty darn blissful. Today's must-end-up-in-a-story moment had to do with fish. Not just any fish, I'll have you know. These fish had supernatural abilities.

See? It says so right here:



Basically, you stick your feet in a tank and fish nibble on them. Which sounds about as weird as it looks.

Yeah. Those are my feet. Have I mentioned lately that I'm a Pisces? So feet and fish seem to be a fairly normal combination.

Even without that connection, I knew I had to try it, just to see how it feels. How it feels, by the way, is less weird than you might be imagining. lol!



It was kind of relaxing, actually. I found it very interesting, being on the other end of the food-chain/power-dynamic for a change. 

But what I really kept thinking was, "wow, this will make a great SF storyline."

To be honest, I can't say I noticed the supernatural aspect. I'm going to assume that will fall into place once I start to write.

What's the weirdest travel experience you've ever had?

PG Forte inhabits a world only slightly less strange than the ones she creates. Filled with serendipity, coincidence, love at first sight and dreams come true, it also bears a sometimes uncanny resemblance to Berkeley, California.

Visit her at www.PGForte.com
Or join her Facebook group at:
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheCronesNest/

2 comments:

  1. As a teen I got a chance to see the Anasazi cliff-dwellings in Arizona. I'd like to write a story set there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, yes. Canyon de Chelly is one of my very favorite places. Love it there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...