We went to two funerals in November. Needless to say, NaNoWriMo didn't happen for me last year.
So what do you do? How can you get momentum back, whether it's writing a book or tackling a project at work? I've been trying a few different things with varying success. I hope you might have suggestions I can try too because I'm still struggling to keep trudging along!
- Set a timer for 15 minutes and do nothing else but work on the task.
- Set an incredibly small daily goal. Hey, some days even getting 250 words feels like a miracle!
- Avoid distractions within your control. (I'm not allowed to read book 2 of WoT until I finish my wip.)
- Give yourself rewards for meeting the smallest goal.
- Try to exercise or stretch even if only a few minutes in between brief stints.