For many of us, leaves are changing color and falling to the ground. The air is beginning to cool and turn crisp. Pumpkin patches are springing up, along with corn mazes, haunted houses and fall festivals. And here at the Here Be Magic blog, we're celebrating the magical change of seasons with a month-long celebration, and we're bringing out a big bag of treats to share with our guests.
Throughout the month, we'll be giving away a variety of items, both for our readers and aspiring authors.
Our giveaways will include:
- A one-month mentorship from author Jeffe Kennedy, to include a three-chapter and synopsis critique, query letter critique and brainstorming session on who to query. Best for work in permutations of erotic and fantasy romance.
- Win one of five critiques of a first chapter by a Here Be Magic published author (David Bridger, Shawna Thomas, Evey Brett, Seleste Delaney or Nicole Luiken).
- A promo package that includes free author promotion on Twitter — Shy of shameless self-promo? Let @Jenny_Schwartz and @AngelaCampbel tweet your brilliance. SEVEN super tweets from each to celebrate your and your books' brilliance. Also, Meankitty (owned by author Jody Wallace) will provide an author or reader interview or book review, if desired (bearing in mind, of course, Meankitty's name is accurate.)
- Author R.L. Naquin will name a nonhuman character in her Monster series after you or the person of your choosing.
- And our grand prize of either a Kindle Fire HD or Nook HD ($199 value; winner's choice) complete with free ebooks from participating authors and a special "thank you" gift basket full of swag.
We kick things off with a special opportunity for readers in the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut area.
Meet Here Be Magic author Ruth A. Casie and other Carina Press authors, including Christi Barth, Marie Force, Adrienne Giordano, Stephanie Julian, Taryn Kincaid, Eliza Knight, and K.A. Mitchell during the New Jersey Romance Writers Put Your Heart in a Book Conference Oct. 12 - 13 in Iselin, NJ. The Carina Press authors will spend up to 30 minutes answering a winner and his or her guest's questions about their books, the publishing industry and anything else romance. The winner will meet them outside the Diamond Ballroom at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct 13. You are welcome to attend Lady Jane’s Salon NYC™ where you can listen to authors read excerpts from their books. Following meeting the Carina Press authors you are welcome to attend the author signing and literacy book fair with over 60 authors participating. Transportation and conference fees not included in this giveaway. Winner does not have to be a conference attendee. The winner will also receive free books and swag from participating authors as well as an extra entry into the grand prize drawing for the Kindle Fire HD or Nook HD. Contest ends at midnight Oct. 7. Winner to be announced on Oct. 8.
To enter, fill out the form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
To enter the grand prize drawing, complete the following form. Grand-prize winner will be announced on Oct. 31.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Check back next Monday for details on next week's giveaway.