Friday, October 19, 2012

Lady Sarathena Remillus

Posted by: Nicole Luiken

Today we’re interviewing Lady Sarathena Remillus, the main character of my fantasy romance novel, GATE TO KANDRITH.

    1. What was your life like growing up?

SARA: I grew up on a remote estate in the province of Elysinia.  My father spent all his time in the capital and my mother was ‘delicate’ and rarely left her sickbed, leaving me to run wild with only slaves for company.

     2. Before the action in the book what were your plans/hopes for the future?

SARA: When I was fifteen, my thoughtless actions beggared my family.  I swore then to marry as my father wished to help rebuild our fortunes.  I gave up my dreams that day.

3. What is your most distinguishing characteristic?

SARA: Beauty, though I’ve found it more of a curse than a blessing.  In a society where woman are chattel, my beauty has made me a pawn.

4. What is your major skill or talent?

SARA: I excel at both mathematics and horseback riding, both extremely unladylike talents.

5. What’s your favourite colour?

SARA: Blue used to be my favourite colour; it is the colour of House Remillus, and I’ve been told that it matches my eyes.  But in Kandrith the colour blue is associated with Vez, the God of Malice, and the colour of my eyes almost gets me stoned.

6. What’s on your bucket list?

SARA: I’ve always long to travel—though not to Kandrith.  At least I managed to see the great Vaga Waterfall along the journey and visit the Temple of Mek in the middle of the falls.

7. Who do you love?
     SARA:  The most unsuitable man in the world, Lance of Kandrith.  He’s an ex-slave, our countries are mortal enemies, and he despises noblewomen.  He’s rude and impossible.  But.  He saved me from an abduction, he doesn’t treat women like mindless toys, and he has a heart as big as a mountain.  Plus very sexy muscles.

Read an excerpt or buy Gate to Kandrith
 
Don't forget to scroll down and enter the Halloween giveaway.  Weekly prize 5 first chapters critiques from Herebemagic authors (including me).  Grand prize: Ereader, your choice of Kindle Fire or Nook


4 comments:

  1. Fun interview....too bad about the blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole! When is the next book in this series coming out?!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Veronica!

    Eleri, Soul of Kandrith is due out March 2013. I'm 3/4 of the way through the copyedits right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, cool. Looking forward to it:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...