Thursday, March 9, 2023

Creative Procrastination

Posted by: PG Forte

When it comes to writing, I like to keep busy. There's a reason I always have several projects on deck...a baseball term that I'm possibly misusing (I thought it was pitchers it's not. It's batters--who knew?). Still, every time I finish one project, there's a shifting of gears as I pivot to slip into the next story. There's the slow slog through the outline, the endless questions (why would this character do what I need her to do for the sake of the story? What's her history? Her biggest fear? How do I make any of this make sense?). Right now, I'm going through that process with several stories at once (don't ask--it's not something I generally recommend). Anyway...sometimes I need a break from all the thinking. So, THIS WEEK, I've once again turned toward one of my favorite time wasters, creating covers. 

I LOVE making covers. And it's not NOT working on my writing, so it doesn't feel like wasting time, which is something I struggle with, at times, with other activities--even supposedly healthy ones.   

This week, since I'm really kind of caught up on covers for most of the future books I can imagine writing for the foreseeable future, I've been working on collections. And, because I'm trying to finish three new stories this year (actually in the next three months--gulp) in the Atlas Beach/Games We Play series, and already have covers for the individual stories, I decided to work on collecting those stories into collections.

The first one is already done and out there, but it got a little upgrade. The other two...well, I was holding out for two more trilogies, but then I decided that wasn't going to work out theme-wise. So...I've got a duology that I'll be releasing very soon (since the individual stories are already out there) and a quadrology. 

I'm pretty happy with the results. Now, if you'll excuse me, there are questions that need answering...



A quirky, family-owned resort on the Jersey Shore is the setting for this erotic, lightly paranormal series. Cousins Brenda, Luke and Gwyn are determined to turn their failing hotel business around. They have no time for love. They're in no mood for games. But it's not going to matter. Not when they're up against a handful of ghosts, a mischievous boggart, a family curse, and destinies written in stone.

The Games We Play trilogy. Three books that prove that holiday fun doesn't begin or end in December!


Available now!  https://books2read.com/u/4ENoKg



The Atlas Beach  Chamber of Commerce’s innovative mentoring program—partnering successful  business owners with some of the newer start-ups--had just what Food Truck Owner Carly Meyers and baker Stephanie Sands needed to get their businesses off the ground: The Delectable DiLuca Brothers. 


Available now! https://books2read.com/u/3GVqJP




The Coffee House Collection: four short stories set in and around Atlas Beach's most popular coffee house. Stop by for a quick bite, a small cup, a sweet treat...


Coming soon!https://www.pgforte.com/copy-of-games-we-play

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...