Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Book Playlists for Listening & Sharing with Readers

Posted by: Deborah A Bailey

Usually when I write I have music in the background. My playlist includes songs that might remind me of certain characters or give me a feeling about what I'm writing.

Lately I've been taking some of those songs and putting them into playlists for my books. Though I use Spotify for my playlists, YouTube is also a good place to create one. Since I also have a Pandora account I've got favorites there, as well as Amazon Music and Apple Music. (The plus about using YouTube is that it may also include music videos.)

How easy is it to create playlist? Very easy! If you're on Spotify, just create a playlist then start adding songs to it. You can share the link even as you continue to find songs to add. Listeners will have access to the playlist even as you're adding (or removing) your music.

What should the playlist include? Any music that fits the mood of your book. Do you have favorite songs or artists that relate to your story? Add them. I've found a few songs that sound as though a character could've written the words. Or they describe the action in a certain scene or chapter. Those are the songs I usually listen to as I'm writing. So of course, I make sure they're included in the final playlist.

The fun is in setting the mood for your reader/listener. They can hear the songs that inspired you as you were writing. Music playlists are a wonderful way to give your readers a treat that they can enjoy while they're reading your book.

Click the link below to check out the Spotify playlist for my latest book, Worlds of Fire: Blood Red Moon.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6v5P5zZcDIt3PeyKGegiFj?si=d1a236554f8c4bac

Happy listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...