Wednesday, November 18, 2020

WIP-It Wednesday for November 18, 2020

Posted by: PG Forte

Welcome to our new feature, WIP-It Wednesdays where any of the authors of HERE BE MAGIC might drop by to give you a glimpse at one (or more) of our Works-In-Progress.

PG Forte here: I'm in the process of re-releasing my Games We  Play trilogy--something that I had planned for much earlier THIS year, before the bottom dropped out. But it occurred to me that I hadn't shared my new covers anywhere (other than on my website). I loved the original covers (so much that I hunted down the original guys from book one to use again!) but I really feel that these covers really fit the "games" theme. 

Typical for me, these books have way too many themes--there's the theme involving he three cousins (which unfortunately gets conflated with the menage in book one); there's the lovers' games they're all playing; there's the paranormal theme--with each book focusing on a different aspect-; there's the wild geese/Irish family heritage; the charmed and charming old hotel that's (coincidentally?) located in a charmed and charming small coastal town; and, finally, there's the holiday theme, because that was the original story prompt: write three books, each set at a different winter holiday...and then, because I'm something of an overachiever, AND I got a late start, I ADDED two more holidays at the very beginning or books one and two. Book Three was always going to be set on St. Patrick's Day...but it has its own time frame troubles. 

Overall, I consider these to be the most controversial books I've ever written. And I say that while I'm re-working my first series (Oberon--also set in a charmed and charming small coastal town, albeit on the opposite coast) which was written twenty years ago when everything looked and felt very, very different. But that's a story for another day. Today is all about new covers--which have always been, and may always be, one of The Most Exciting parts of publishing for me. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...