Thursday, June 25, 2020

Brave New (and some old) Worlds

Posted by: PG Forte
I'm wondering how the last few months have changed everyone's reading and writing habits. For me, I've found myself leaning into Science Fiction, with its focus on a future that (for better or worse). doesn't look like the present. Which makes today my lucky day, since it's release day for The House That Walked Between Worlds, Book One in Jenny Schwartz's amazing new Uncertain Sanctuary series--something for which I  feel like I've been waiting forever

Check the series out: HERE

I've also found myself retreating to the comfort of Fantasy worlds and Steampunk...pretty much anything but Contemporary. Even my friends who write strictly Contemporary are finding it hard going at the moment, with everything changing on a daily basis and it all being Too Much and Too Soon.

All of which makes sense, of course, because even though fiction is one of the ways we make sense of the world around us, it's also still one of the healthiest ways to escape it. Although I do imagine that Quarantined Together will one day soon become the new Snowed In or Stranded-by-the-Storm. I predict a slew of Hallmark Movies in which Failure to Social Distance becomes the new Cheating Spouse. 

But that's just me. YMMV. I'd love to know what you all think. 



1 comment:

  1. PG - huge (((hugs))) - socially distanced, safely virtual, of course! Thanks for the shout out - and you made me laugh with the idea of Failure to Social Distance as the new Cheating Spouse. Sadly, could become true. Ugh. 2020 has been a **** of a year, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...