Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Mid-Winter Blahs

Posted by: Cindy Spencer Pape
The blahs. Not the blues, exactly. I mean, we all know about lack of sunshine causing drops invitamins C & D, and seasonal effective disorder. But there's something else, something deeper about the dreary days before spring begins. It might be a combination of post holiday let-down and being sick of mud and slush. I suspect it's a litlle different for my friends in the southern hemisphere.

So what do you do to beat the blahs? I do supplement my C &D vitamins, which helps. I've started swimming again at the local pool. For me, being in the water helps take me away from everything related to real life. My daughter-in-law and I have been doing a lot of household rearrangment. She's also fallen in love with bath bombs. I think I've been wearing lipstick more often. None of this has really helped writing wise, but I'm definitely more cheerful, which is a big plus.

As far as the writing goes, I think that's going to have to be a combination of caffiene and sheer determination to get it back on track. Since it's sunny today, maybe I'll just perch in a chair by a window with my laptop and some iced tea or Diet Coke. Whatever works, right?

Meanwhile, all tips and hints would be appreciated in the comments. I promise to pick at least one and give it a try, with follow-up comments!

Happy not-quite spring!

****

Cindy Spencer Pape firmly believes in happily-ever-after and brings that to her writing. Multiple award-winning author of the best-selling Gaslight Chronicles, she has released almost sixty novels and stories, which blend fantasy, adventure, science fiction, suspense, history and romance.

Cindy lives in southeast Michigan with her family and several spoiled dogs. When not hard at work writing she can be found restoring her 1870 house, dressing up for steampunk parties and Renaissance fairs, or with her nose buried in a book.


Newsletter group: http://yhoo.it/ni7PHo  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...