Friday, August 3, 2012

Save An Ent - Read an Ebook!

Posted by: Joely Sue Burkhart
We wouldn't be "Here Be Magic" if we didn't love Tolkien.  I could watch Lord of the Rings over and over.  And over.  While I love the hobbits, Gandalf, Aragorn, and of course, the elves, the Ents hold a special place in my heart.

I guess I'm like them in many ways.  I'm slow to anger.  But once I'm roused...  Yeah, I could tear down the walls of Isengard too!  Mess around with my books, and I'm going to be one very grouchy Ent.

Paper books.  Ebooks.  I don't care -- I read them all.  But I love my Kindle and use it more and more every single day.  I can read on the elliptical.  In line waiting at school.  Buy a book at the salon because someone mentioned a new-to-me-author.  And yeah, we might be saving some trees if we read more electronic books.

We wouldn't want to rouse the Ents again if we try to cut down their precious trees!

In honor of The Bloodgate Warrior's release August 6 from Carina Press, I'm offering to buy one lucky winner his/her choice of eReader.  Want a Nook?  A Kindle?  Something else?  Just make sure the device you ask for will work in your country (I will ship internationally).  Details about how to enter are on my blog, but comments on this post will get you an entry!

So tell me, what's the best ebook you've read this year?  For me, it's Heat by R. Lee Smith.

And if you're looking for a free read to send to your device, I'm offering Bloodgate as a free prequel to showcase the underlying Maya mythology in the other books.

17 comments:

  1. Best wishes on Bloodgate Warrior! Enjoyed this post, so true we wouldn't want the Ents mad at us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Veronica! Now I want to watch The Two Towers again...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want to read Tolkien again. :) Great post, Joely Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all 3 movies... in the 4 disk special edition boxes lol I LOVE the timing of the new movie, My mini-me is the same age I was the first time I read The Hobbit, and we're going to read it together, just cause it's something we do :)

    So... my best Eread so far this year??? Intimate Enemies by Joan Swan, oh, and Pretty Sacrifices (the sequel to Glory) by Devin O'Branagan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite ebook so far this year was The Hunger Games. I'd heard it was good, but never got around to reading it. The movie was coming out, and some friends and I made plans to see it, but I wanted to read the book first! So with little time to spare, I got the Kindle version and was able to finish it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would have to be George RR Martin's Game of Thrones series, which I started reading on an e-reader because the physical books were like tomes. Not very comfy bed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fav this year to date is Kristen Callihan's Firelight. I can hardly wait to read the other books in the series. It's amazing that this is her debut book.

    Thanks so much for the free copy of Bloodgate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read an ebook this year-- eek! o.O
    Congratulations on your new release, Joely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read way too many ebooks to pick one fave :)
    My most recent faves are Eve Langlais's novellas in the Welcome back to Hell series (A DEMON AND HIS WITCH and A DEMON AND HIS PSYCHO). Her books are always fun and sexy, I can't wait to see what Lucifer has in mind next, lol.

    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    Oh, but 3 ebooks that I read a little over a month ago and LOVED!!!! was the Connaghers trio by YOU!! I loved each one of them, the characters all were different and had different interests/kinks in BDSM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the release of The Bloodgate Warrior...as for the best ebook I've read this year - it would probably be Elfhome by Wen Spencer - it was a lot of fun and I'd been waiting for the book release for a while...which made it even more fun for me to read. Thanks for the giveaway

    junegirl63 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know that I can pick just one favorite! I will say that one of my favorite series is Kallypso Masters' Masters At Arms. Love those Doms. ;)
    Thank you for the chance to read the prequel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking forward to reading the book and I love the cover.
    Yvette
    yratpatrol@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post!

    I want to save many trees as well, but the eReaders are very expensive :S I am saving to buy one. There are many fantastic ebooks.

    A Good Student by Elliot Mabeuse, it took me months to finish reading it on the PC but I did it and loved it.

    Yel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, I've read so many it's difficult to pick just one. Blood Orchids by Toby Neal is magnificent. I've always been a hold the book in my hands kinda girl. Ebooks however, take so much less space and I can have tons more, I'm slowly being swayed to the ebook side.
    I really want to read Bloodgate Warrior.
    luvfuzzzeeefaces at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Legend by Marie Lu was my favorite ebook.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This year honestly was your Shanhasson Trilogy. Yeah I'm sure I butchered the spelling, but I'm still lost in the world and keep wanting to go back and relive it. lol

    SheriV
    smurfettev AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brenda Novak's when we touch

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...