I have to have background noise when I work. (Maybe it's because I have 3 kids, and as much as I need school hours to get work done, I'm just used to my house being loud!) I always make a play list for my current WIP, so usually my background noise is music. Every now and then though, I go on a television series kick. (Hello, Netflix! My favorite daytime companion!) I like quirky, scary, and just plain weird, but there are a few I'll admit I watch over and over again.
1. Supernatural--Sam and Dean. Does anything else really need to be said?
2. Dark Angel--There was so much cool about this show. Set in a future depression, genetic experiments...Logan!
3. Farscape--Aliens! And John Crichton! And a cool romance arc that wasn't hurried or held back.
4. Torchwood--Ah, more aliens. I have a weakness. For eye candy too, obviously. Hello, Captain Jack!
5. X Files--Strange and sometimes creepy, with 2 cool FBI agents who play off each so well. Plus, Mulder isn't hard to look at. ;)
Ok, DA doesn't really fit the list unless I add Fringe, Eureka, and The Pretender, but I was trying to keep it short! My list would be 20 long if I kept going. What about y'all? Do you need background noise to work? What's your favorite unusual television show?
Love Torchwood!! I also have to have background noise. Sometimes the TV is just "on." Not being watched mind you, just on. I haven't tried airstreaming Netflix. I'm afraid I'd get too distracted. I've heard Six Feet Under is good, and White Collar. There was a series I watched, BBC, about these rips between the present and Dinosaur times. Monsters got into this time and wreaked havoc, and this crew went after them. The hero was a hot Scott with a great accent. Loved it. Can't remember the name. Primordial, or something like that.ReplyDelete
The only background TV noise I'm happy to work to is Aussie rules football. And even then, I'm happier watching than trying to concentrate on work. So not a multi-tasker.ReplyDelete
I'm the oldest of 5 plus my mom did in-home daycare when we were growing up. Now, I have 3 kids and an obnoxious dog. Quiet freaks me the hell out. Love Fringe and X Files. I don't remember Dark Angel. Is that on Netflix? I'll have to check it out.ReplyDelete
I'm so easily distracted. I need total quiet to work well. Lucky you being able to work amongst noise.:-) Wish I could.ReplyDelete
Wow. I added a comment on the 11th, and it disappeared! What's up with that? I like background noise too. Music, or the TV on. Not necessarily watching, just on.ReplyDelete