- ...make good partners. They have beliefs, desires, and plans--but if what they want doesn't mesh with what you want, they're willing to find a compromise. "My way or the highway" will never be a beta mantra.
- ...don't look down on anyone for having a different opinion. They try to consider multiple points of view and, while you may not change their minds, at least they're willing to listen.
- ...are kind and thoughtful. Their empathy means they make a point of finding out what is important to the people they care about, and a good beta will follow through to make other people happy and comfortable. (Alphas can be sweet, too, but it's more an exception than the rule.)
- ...use sugar instead of force to get their way. Betas can be just as adamant in their beliefs or desires as an alpha, but you'll never see them forces themselves on anyone using brute force attacks of money, strength, or power. Betas convince others using intelligence, kindness, and finesse
- ...want you to be happy your way, not force their vision of happiness on you. And that is the best kind of love!
In Toxic Love, my new pick-your-path science-fiction romance, Chloe just broke up with an alpha and is about to meet Nick--a beta who's perfect for her! But in the insanity of post-atoxalyptic Las Vegas love never runs smoothly. Choose your own way through the story to see if you can find true love for Chloe and Nick--or get lost in the glamour of Vegas. Available now on SilkWords.com or coming soon for Kindle!
What about you? Do you like your book men alpha, beta, or some of both?