With a blog name like Here Be Magic, it's certain that our gang loves fantasy -- and all the creatures that go with it. This month is the perfect opportunity to talk about our favorite monsters and magical characters, whether villainous, friendly, or downright romantic.
LINDA - "My favorite monster is the classic Frankenstein. Here is a creature who terrifies people, but has no idea why. He is an innocent who never had a chance at a real life because of his appearance. You can’t help but feel for it." ~ Linda Mooney
|GODZILLA, a movie classic|
CINDY - "My favorite monster is definitely the dragon. My only tattoo is dragons twined around my ankle in a Celtic knot. I have dragon statuettes and other dragon artwork all over my writing space. I think the appeal is the mix of strength, magic, and knowledge. Also, in most artwork, they're simply gorgeous." ~ Cindy Spencer Pape
DANI - "I LOVE MONSTERS!!! When I was a kid, our local station ran a double-feature every Saturday afternoon: a horror movie and a sci-fi movie. I never missed it, and even today, my family knows that if there's any sort of monster involved — movie, tv show, book, museum or event — I'm all in! My favorites are creatures from folklore and legend, from werewolves to ghosts to faeries and beyond. If it has a history attached to it, I want to know everything about it. And it's even more fun when I get to write about monsters in my novels!" ~ Dani Harper
ANGELA – "It's nearly impossible for me to choose only ONE monster I love — Loch Ness Monster, Frankenstein, werewolves! — but for the sake of this post, I'll go with vampires. I am a huge fan of the Universal Horror Movies of the 20s-40s, and Bela Lugosi's "Dracula" is iconic for a reason. He creates a layered character you're not sure if you want to root for or against. One of my top five favorite movies of all time is also "The Lost Boys." So is 1985's "Fright Night." Maggie Shayne's "Wings in the Night" series are some of my favorite books. Vampires can be sexy, scary, or tragic, depending on which trope you care for most. Shoot, sometimes, they even sparkle!" ~ Angela Campbell
- Brenda Rezk wins an EBOOK of "Old Sins, Long Shadows" by PG FORTE
- Amber Terry wins an EBOOK of "A Hunt by Moonlight" by SHAWNA REPPERT
- Debbie Plesha wins her choice of an EBOOK by DANI HARPER
- Tammie King wins a "Boxed Set" (ebooks) of the Ravensblood Series by SHAWNA REPPERT
- Mandy Baker wins her choice of an EBOOK by CINDY SPENCER PAPE
- Melannie Savell wins an EBOOK: "Between a Rock and a Hard Dragon" by CINDY SPENCER PAPE plus a Halloween short story
- Gayle Oreluk wins a signed PRINT copy of "Queen Takes Knights" by JOELY SUE BURKHART
- Beverly Laude wins her choice of an EBOOK by LINDA MOONEY
Reyna Herrera wins a $60 Amazon Gift eCard from all the authors at Here Be Magic
THANK YOU to everyone who entered! We had a lot of fun and hope that you did too!