Tuesday, November 13, 2018

5 Reasons I Wish I Was a Romance Heroine

Posted by: Ruth A Casie

Many romance readers wish they had the same things the heroines they read about get: a beautiful man who adores them, a close community of friends, fantastic sex, and a guaranteed happy ending.
*Sigh* Yes, there are some heroines with whom I would love to trade places. But that’s not what I’m talking about. No, what are the real reasons I wish I was a romance heroine especially after what happened earlier this week.
I was fully engrossed in writing a new pirate story for the Pirates of Britannia series created by Eliza Knight and Kathryn Le Veque. The scene was dramatic:
“Oh, you’re meeting her fiancĂ©—”
“No, no, no,” she said growing more agitated by the minute. She snapped her head around as the sound of the horse’s hooves and the wagon on the cobblestones leaving the dock reached her ears. She gasped and shuffled back a step stumbling on the edge of the dock.
With lightning speed, the stranger grabbed her arm and pulled her to his chest before she tumbled into the water.
Darla stared up into overpowering gray eyes that seemed to see right through her. His ruggedly handsome face was familiar, but she couldn’t place from where. She lowered her head and looked away. Crushed against his chest, she felt his hard muscles under her hand. For a moment, she couldn’t move, she didn’t want to. A heady sensation wrapped her in a daze like dream. A shiver across her shoulders cleared her mind and she caught her wits.
… “Hey honey,” my husband screamed from the kitchen, “where’s the ketchup? Oh, I found it. Never mind.”
Darla didn’t have to worry about the ketchup. Okay so no ketchup in the 13th century Scotland, but you know what I mean.
For a moment I thought about all the little blessings romance heroines have in their lives. So, for a moment I forgot about Darla and Wesley (her hot hero). Here are five real reasons I wish I were a medieval romance heroine:
1. They never have to scrub the garter room (toilets).
2. My hero would know where to find the ketchup and start the grill—often insisting on it without even being asked (I know, not medieval)
3. I would have to do laundry, worry about wrinkles and I’d always be ready to receive the King and his entourage.
4. I’d have friends with exactly the skills and experience I’d need to rely on for every problem in my life.
5. Perhaps most importantly, though, a day of running the castle and managing the children could be glossed over in a paragraph.
Oh, why this picture? There’s just a little part of me that still wants the hunky hero!
What are the little blessings that make you envy romance heroines?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...