Wednesday, February 21, 2018

New Fantasy Novel - The Troll Bridge

Posted by: Jenny Schwartz
My fantasy novel, The Troll Bridge, has just released, and I thought I'd share an excerpt with you. First the blurb - and the enticing information that The Troll Bridge is currently only 99c on Amazon, or you can read it for free in Kindle Unlimited.

Buy link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079VRR76K

Blurb


A witchling child befriends a troll boy and changes the fate of a kingdom.

Trolls aren't born. They're made, and they fight for the Kingdom of Adynn. They are its first and fiercest protectors, guarding the roads into the mountain kingdom.

When young Morgana befriends a newly made troll boy and names him Peter, she unwittingly reveals her magic to his creator. Sorcerer Veritas removes her from her remote village to the School of Sorcery. There she will learn to cast spells and forge charms, but she’ll also learn the high price of friendship, and the reality that someone with her magical ability will always be a target for others who seek power.

War is coming to the Kingdom of Adynn. The Vlad Empire, with its death magic and slaves, is closing in. Morgana will be trained as a war wizard, but in her heart she resists the role. She doesn’t want to fight and she refuses to kill. So Sorcerer Veritas will provide a little motivation.

A powerful story of friendship, magic and high adventure. 

Excerpt

Advocabit lux.” This time I summoned a palm-sized ball of light that floated between us.
“Very good.” Pavel turned to depart.
I tugged on his trousers before he could enter his lab. “But that’s not the light I want.”
He turned back to me, one eyebrow raised again. “There are different kinds of light?”
“Yes! I want the one like Sorceress Selina has drawn on her ceiling. I want it to work even when I’m not there. I want Peter to be able to touch it like Matron can make Sorceress Selina’s stairs move even though Matron has no magic.”
“Ah. Sigil magic is significantly more complicated.”
“I can read and write,” I said, in case that was the problem.
Pavel scratched his beard. The short bristles made a raspy sound. “Who is Peter? Does he have any magic of his own?”
“Peter is my friend,” I stated the most important bit first. “He’s the troll guarding the bridge to the school. I want to spend time with him, but he won’t let me stay out in the dark and cold.” I kicked the floor. “And it is dark under the bridge. Peter doesn’t feel the cold, but I don’t want him living in the dark.” I peeped up at Pavel, but couldn’t read the sorcerer’s expression. “Peter likes to read news-sheets. If he had a light, he could read in his home under the bridge.” 
"...home under the bridge.” Pavel sighed, heavily. “This is the troll Sorcerer Veritas created, yes?”

Continue reading at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079VRR76K 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...