Friday, September 29, 2017

Janni Nell Interviews Her New Heroine

Posted by: Janni Nell

Since I’ve just released the first book in a new cozy mystery series, I thought it would be fun to interview the heroine, small town witch, Madison Juniper Goodcharm.

Janni Nell: Welcome, Maddie. What was your life like growing up?

Maddie Goodcharm: I lived out of town on a few acres with my extended family. There were two houses. Mom, Dad and I lived in one of them. Grammy and Grandad, Mom’s parents, lived in the other. I wasn’t bothered that I was an only child. There were cousins who visited often and I spent a lot of time helping Grammy care for her animals.

JN: You run a shop of spells in the small town of Silver Moon Falls. Describe your shop.

MG: It’s on Main Street, between the Silver Moon Bakery and Kylie-Ann’s hairdressing salon. We sell all kinds of spells, which I make in the workroom at my house.

JN: Tell me about some of the spells.

MG: Green Thumb spells are better than the best fertilizer. A Happy Household spell will create a lovely soothing atmosphere for your home. And my Bubble Bath spell is like having the best massage of your entire life.  

JN: Do you have a motto or code you live by?

MG: I like to help people. If I can make someone feel better with one of my spells it’s a good day. I guess my motto would be: Do good, not harm.

JN: What is your major skill or talent?

MG: Since I’m a witch by trade, it would be creating new spells.

JN: What is your favorite food?

MG: Cinnamon buns from the Silver Moon Bakery, which is conveniently located right next door to my own shop.

JN: Who do you love?

MG: My family. Well, except for my cousin, Denzel, who dabbles on the darker side of witchcraft.

JN: What’s the best thing you’ve ever done?

MG: Hiring my assistant, Autumn. She arrived in town with nothing but a backpack and the desire to change her life. I gave her a job and a place to live. We had a few problems in the beginning, but now it’s working out fine.

JN: What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done?

MG: I accidentally harmed someone with a spell. It was carelessness on my part, and the person may never be the same again.

JN: Who inspires you?

MG: My family.

JN: Other than your family, who inspires you?

MG: Aberdeen Zabala, who is one of the greatest living witches. I almost won a mentorship with her a few years ago, but it didn’t quite work out.

JN: You run Maddie’s Little Shop of Spells. If you had to pick another career, what would it be?

MG: That’s a tough question. I love my job. But, I guess, if I had to change, maybe I’d become an investigator. I’ve had some success solving murder mysteries. Although, honestly, we’ve had enough murders in Silver Moon Falls to last a lifetime.

JN: Your uncle, Leo Bluestone, is the local sheriff. How does he feel about you solving murders?

MG: He doesn’t like it when I put myself in danger. Basically, he thinks I should stick to making spells for my shop. On the other hand, he fights crime, so locking up a murderer, even with my help, is a win for him.

JN: What are your future plans?

MG: All I can tell you right now is that they involve Jason.

JN: Thanks for letting us take a peek into your life.

MG: My pleasure. And if you’re ever in Silver Moon Falls drop by. We’re a friendly town. The hiking trails and falls are awesome.




Secrets, Spells & Murder is now available at:
Amazon          
Kobo          




Janni Nell is the author of fun paranormal mysteries. Before she became a writer, she worked as a personal assistant, receptionist and sales clerk. Now she is happy to spend every day creating stories. When she isn’t writing, you can find her at dance class, Pilates or walking the dog. She is hard at work on her next book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...