Friday, December 9, 2016

Hungry Touch

Posted by: Shona Husk
The Complex series is released tomorrow (10 December). It's a multi author series. 2016 was the year I said yes to a lot of things that crossed my desk even though I didn't how I was going to get them done :) This was one of those projects. The idea sounded fun and I'd just done a similar thing with the Skeleton Key series and I love to write sci fi.

It's a shared world (much like the ES Siren series) but instead of building the world with 2 friends the world was set, all I had to do was decided which mythological being my alien, or Meta as they are called, would be based on.

I went with an Incubus.

And I made them parasitic.

And I thought it would be fun to write a secret baby story.

I could've made it easier on myself, but what fun would that be?


The Complex Book Series.
A Lone Planet. One Complex.
Unlimited Chaos.
http://www.thecomplex.info

The small population of Incubi in the Complex is clinging to old traditions and shunning contact with other species. Each year, the Incubi fight for the privilege to lead and mate. Only one can win. Kearn Layk never planned on winning, only doing better than last year’s previous dismal result that left him at the bottom of the pack. A year’s worth of secretly training more than paid off. He shocks everyone and wins. In the process, he makes an enemy of the man who was leader. Now filled with the burning desire to find a mate, he goes in search of a woman.

Phoebe Evans came to the Complex to reinvent herself. Being surrounded by the Metas is as strange as it is fascinating, but she hasn’t had the courage to date one yet. Then she meets Kearn. He’s smart and interesting and most definitely not Human.

Incubi traditions and Humans desires clash, and as new ideas are tested, old enemies rise up and threaten lives. Not everyone wants to see the Complex succeed.

Amazon iBooks Kobo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...