Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Cover Love from Veronica Scott

Posted by: Veronica Scott
I'm going to break the rules a teeny bit and give you two of mine, because they're by different artists, in different genres.

But first my favorite from another member of the Here Be Magic group - The Pages of the Mind from Jeffe Kennedy! I love love love this cover:

Here's a tiny synopsis of the plot:

Magic has broken free over the Twelve Kingdoms. The population is beset by shapeshifters and portents, landscapes that migrate, uncanny allies who are not quite human…and enemies eager to take advantage of the chaos. 

Dafne Mailloux is no adventurer--she's a librarian. But the High Queen trusts Dafne's ability with languages, her way of winnowing the useful facts from a dusty scroll, and even more important, the subtlety and guile that three decades under the thumb of a tyrant taught her. 

OK, as to my own covers, I'll always love the one for Priestess of
the Nile, which was my first cover on my first book to be published - thank you Carina Press. And to make it even better, because there was a crocodile theme going on, Carina asked Frauke Spanuth to create the cover and she of course loves crocodiles and her company is even named Croco Designs. She's done all the rest of my Egyptian covers excerpt for one. I love collaborating with her.

A snippet of the plot: 
 Egypt, 1500 BC
Drawn to his abandoned temple on the banks of the Nile by an enchanting song, Sobek the Crocodile God is even more captivated by the sight of the singer herself. Appearing to her as a man, he learns she is Merys, a descendant of his last priestess. 
My favorite science fiction romance cover is from Fiona Jayde, who has done all my SFR's, but on Star Cruise: Marooned, something about the heroine, Meg, just really grabs the attention and I honestly think part of why this book has done so phenomenally well for me is that wonderful cover! Fiona really captures the essence of a story on the cover...

A teaser of the plot:  Meg Antille works long hours on the charter cruise ship Far Horizon so she can send credits home to her family. Working hard to earn a promotion to a better post (and better pay), Meg has no time for romance. 

Former Special Forces soldier Red Thomsill only took the berth on the Far Horizon in hopes of getting to know Meg better, but so far she’s kept him at a polite distance.

Buy Links: Amazon     iBooks     Kobo     Barnes & Noble

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...