Saturday, January 2, 2016

New Words for the New Year

Posted by: Kathleen Collins
So as I sit and write this blog post, I'm creating a play list for a new project. I love new projects. It's almost like entering into a new relationship with that sense of anticipation, the uncertainty it will all work, but the hope that it will.

Not that I have a shortage of things to work on. As a matter of fact, when I'm done with this post, I'll be sending an email to my cover artist to get her started on the next two covers in the Realm Walker series.

The thing is that I always have at least two projects going at the same time. I have to. Just like when I'm reading, I find myself getting burned out when I go back to the same thing day after day. And then I slog through what I'm working on instead of writing something I'm proud of.

I had been working on another project for quite some time, but had found myself struggling. It finally dawned on me that while I liked the book I was writing, the genre wasn't one that I loved. What's the point of writing if I don't love what I do?

So new words. The new project is a big departure for me, but I'm excited about it and think it will be a lot of fun. And there are new words coming in my series as well. I'm not even going to talk timelines because the universe likes to laugh at me and play havoc with my self-assigned deadlines. They are living in my head and there they'll stay for the time being.

I don't like resolutions. I think they are just a way for us to swear we'll do the things we know we should have been doing all along. So I  make no resolution but I promise new words this year. Hopefully lots of them. And I hope you'll come along to check them out.

Happy New Year every one. May it be filled with a multitude of new words, whether your reading or writing them.

***

Kathleen Collins is the author of the Realm Walker series. She can be found on Facebook or on her website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...