Thursday, January 14, 2016

A World You Wish You Created

Posted by: Unknown

Have you ever read a book you wish you wrote? You have this feeling as you read it of  blissfully connecting to something that seems so “you” while at the same time being envious the other author had the gumption to write this book before you had a chance to!

Well, I don’t have that feeling exactly with Uprooted, my current read. Don’t get me wrong, I love Naomi Novik’s writing style and find the characters extremely intriguing. But the story and writing don’t make me envious that I hadn't thought of them.  The world, however, that’s another story. 

I wish I had been the one to create that world. The intertwining of nature and magic; the cleverness of the daunting, ethereal threat of “the wood; the fact that the world requires both study and an intuitive shaking off of everything you’ve been taught in order to maneuver it. I’m just awestruck by it’s construction, but at the same time I feel naturally connected to it. It just seems so "me." :)




What about you, is there a book you wish you had written, or a world you wish you had created?

2 comments:

  1. Uprooted is awesome! I just read it a couple of weeks ago and loved the world.

    I don't know if there's a world that I wish I'd created. Though I do really admire Patricia Briggs' way of deepening secondary characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only halfway through Uprooted now, but loving it! Can't wait to get home and read it. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...