Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Favorite Time of Year

Posted by: Joely Sue Burkhart
Please excuse me if I'm a little punchy.  I've been pushing hard to finish a book due 9/30.  But once I turn that sucker in, I'm going to be sitting back with relief and sighing with pleasure. 

Halloween.

Pumpkins.

Horror movies.

Colorful fall leaves.

Frost in the morning but delightful warm days without the heat and humidity of summer.

That golden afternoon glow in the late afternoon almost makes up for the early nightfall.

And of course, preparing for NaNoWriMo!

It's time to watch Silver Bullet and Bram Stoker's Dracula again.  I'll be taking my sophomore to see Annabelle, and she'll be holding on to my shirt and hiding her face against her shoulder.  She loves horror movies, even while they scare her to death.  We'll all be scrambling to come up with cool Halloween costumes (the kids always want me to spend a lot, but to me, homemade clever costumes are way more cool). 

What are you looking forward to this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...