Monday, January 30, 2012

Dressing the part

Posted by: Julia Knight
So, I've been booking up my conferences for the year over here in Blighty. Lots to look forward to. At Easter, I'm off to the appropriately named Eastercon, one of the bigger fantasy cons in the UK. It'll be my third year, but this year, I'll be joining in a bit more than I have previously.

Because every year they have a big Ball, and it's dress to impress, steampunk style. After been shamed by my writers' group efforts last year, I'm actually going to give it a go, and if you knew what a scruff I am usually....But yes, I'm taking the plunge, as will my décolletage because it's corsets and bustles all the way! And possibly goggles, because I'm very tempted to go as a steampunk air pirate.

So, ladies and gents, what should I not be without? What do I need? Any tips on looking my best in steampunk?

.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, a steampunk ball--how fabulous. I've always been partial to the goggles too, so I say go for it. Goggles go with everything. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, steampunk! I'd say corset and goggles are must have items. How about a hat? I'm not a hat person, so I tend to stay away from them. LOL I also think it's cool to have a style where your hair is up with a few curls loose and the goggles on your head. Sort of a sexy, messed up look-- as if you just came out of the lab after inventing something exciting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a hat person either. But the 'just invented' look, I like that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...