I have to have background noise when I work. (Maybe it's because I have 3 kids, and as much as I need school hours to get work done, I'm just used to my house being loud!) I always make a play list for my current WIP, so usually my background noise is music. Every now and then though, I go on a television series kick. (Hello, Netflix! My favorite daytime companion!) I like quirky, scary, and just plain weird, but there are a few I'll admit I watch over and over again.
1. Supernatural--Sam and Dean. Does anything else really need to be said?
2. Dark Angel--There was so much cool about this show. Set in a future depression, genetic experiments...Logan!
3. Farscape--Aliens! And John Crichton! And a cool romance arc that wasn't hurried or held back.
4. Torchwood--Ah, more aliens. I have a weakness. For eye candy too, obviously. Hello, Captain Jack!
5. X Files--Strange and sometimes creepy, with 2 cool FBI agents who play off each so well. Plus, Mulder isn't hard to look at. ;)
Ok, DA doesn't really fit the list unless I add Fringe, Eureka, and The Pretender, but I was trying to keep it short! My list would be 20 long if I kept going. What about y'all? Do you need background noise to work? What's your favorite unusual television show?