Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Here Be Magic, Indeed!
Posted by: Christine Bell
Today is a super magical week for me for a few reasons. I'm going to list them now, but make sure, even if I'm boring you to tears, you stick around to read #6. It is the most epic, magical giveaway evah! Reasons I'm having a super magical week, in no particular order:
1. I'm flying to Florida tonight for a trip to the Harry Potter theme park in Orlando. We LURVE us some Harry Potter in my family, and my hubby and I are as excited as the kids! What's more magical than Harry-friggin-Potter?!
2. My son, Sean, and my husband share a birthday, Jan. 13th, so that's definitely a magical day, and we'll be spending it at Hogwarts!
3. My paranormal erotic romance Naughty Godmother is out today at Ellora's Cave! It's about a Tooth Fairy named Holly Tucket who is up for a big promotion to Naughty Godmother. She meets her charge, Alex, and finds she may have bitten off more than she can chew. It's definitely a sexy bit of magical fun! You can check out the (PG) excerpt here. I am doing a blog tour today with a ton of giveaways, so feel free to stop by my author blog for more details.
4. This one is the best one. So, Sunday afternoon, I found a duffel bag that was empty save three little video tapes. After much searching, I found the old video camera they fit into, hooked it up to the tv (well, hubby did, I can't even change the channel half the time) and pressed play. Lo and behold, the face of my son Sean as a baby filled the screen. For the next two hours, I sat and smiled and cried at his utter and total sweetness. He'll be 15 the day after tomorrow, and although I have pictures, I had no video of him (or so I thought, the memory is pathetic at almost 40). I can't even tell you how much joy I took in hearing his voice at that age and watching him wrap his chubby arms so tight around my neck and laugh that uninhibited laughter. I could have sat there for a week and watched him show me how he could float in the tub and sing itsy bitsy spider. At one point, he's about two in this section, he says "Mommy, is that a cheese camera?" and I say "What do you mean, baby?" and he says "You know, the kind it makes you say cheeeeese!"
It was absolute magic and I am tearing up even now. I am so unbearably grateful I found those tapes.
5. I got my Carina Press cover on Monday for my steampunk romance, The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale, and it is STUNNING, as you can see in the picture above. Just staring at it should hold me until it comes out in the spring.
6. This one is for you all! I AM DOING A SUPER DUPER MAGICAL GIVEAWAY to celebrate my awesomely magical week!
Two prizes will be given away. The first is a copy of my first Ellora's Cave release, Unwrapping Lily, which is getting really great reviews and is the perfect winter read for those of you stuck in the cold whilst I lavish on the beaches of Florida. ;op If you already own Lily, you can choose anything else off my backlist.
The second prize is the one I am SO HOPPED UP about! drumroll please....
A thirty minute psychic reading via telephone with my sister, Nicole!
Now, if she was just any old lame sister, it wouldn't be a cool prize. But my sister is actually a practicing, professional psychic, reiki master and artist and she can intuit her ass off, so whoever wins can expect to have their mind BLOWN!
Here's how you enter: Leave a comment here between now and Thursday night, 9pm EST, and follow this blog. If you do not want to be considered for the psychic reading, just note on your comment "book only". Then, blammo! You're entered into the contest. Make sure to check back tomorrow here and see if you won. I'll get your email info, and send one person the book and the other my sister's phone number for the reading (you just have to promise not to write it on the men's room wall at your local bar. Actually, she might be okay with that. Lemme check with her...)
So tell me, bloggy friends, have you ever had a week (or even a day) that is just so sublime, you feel like it was sprinkled with fairy dust?
Writing fun romance that will make you smile, and writing erotic romance as Chloe Cole that will make your grandma blush. (Not MY grandma, though, she's a sassy one!)