Thursday, February 17, 2022

Information Overload

Posted by: Maureen

 By Maureen Bonatch


Many of us suffer from FOMO, or pride ourselves on our multi-tasking abilities and end up with too many things that you feel like need done ASAP, or overwhelmed with TMI.


So many acronyms! Are we so busy now that we can’t take the time to write things out?


  • FOMO: Fear of Missing Out
  • ASAP: As Soon as Possible
  • TMI: Too Much Information 

Multi-Tasking Machine

I pride myself on being a multi-tasking machine and find it difficult to do just one thing. If I’m stretching, I’m often listening to a podcast. I’ll walk on the treadmill while editing. I’ll check emails on television commercials–or while watching the show. I try to sleep and my mind is spinning with to-do lists which resume as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. 


Many studies now say that multitasking should be reduced because it can cause gaps in our thinking, may make it difficult to perform more than one task successfully, and make us feel tired quicker. 



I can’t say I can give up multitasking all together, but I do know what to do if I start to feel like I’m suffering from information overload. 

Slowing Down

It’s difficult to maintain my full attention on one task, unless I’m reading a book. A good book gets my total focus, and helps me slow the whirring to-do list in my mind, reduce feelings of overwhelm and quiet my thoughts to sleep.


I always have a book. You never know when you might be stuck waiting for a few minutes. 

Have Book, Will…Whatever

I like to read books here and there.

I can read a book anywhere.

I can read a book in the house.

Get so engrossed I might ignore a mouse.


I can read if it starts to rain.

For a long ride on a train.

My kindle lights up to read in the dark.

I can take it to the park.


I can read in a swing hung under a tree. 

It’s how I spend my time with me.

I can read while I wait to see the doc.

It keeps my mind off the clock.


I can read while I wait in a line.

It keeps me from wanting to start to whine.

Books make sure I never feel alone.

I travel the world without ever leaving home.


Try a book! Try a book, I say! You just might like it, anyway.


Looking for some Cozy Mysteries? Click Right Here to check out these Kindle Unlimited Cozies.














How About Free Cozy Mysteries? Click Right Here for Free Cozy Mysteries!












Just a small-town girl, Maureen Bonatch leads a double life. She lives in a magical world as a novelist, and as a nurse leader in reality. Maureen’s first novella was a paranormal romance published when blogs were a new-fangled thing. She’s since changed her focus to writing paranormal cozy mysteries as M.L. Bonatch and urban fantasy as Maureen Bonatch. 


While she’s not busy writing or doing nurse-things, she’s a mom to her twin daughters, bicycling in the beautiful woods of PA with her hubby, doing the bidding of a feisty Shih Tzu, and dancing as much as possible. She believes music can be paired with every mood, laughter is contagious, and that caffeine and wine are essential for survival.


 Follow M.L. Bonatch all through cyberspace! 

 Amazon page    BookBub Facebook Goodreads Newsletter


Keep the conversation going by joining my Facebook Group right HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...