Thursday, May 20, 2021

When the Cat's Away

Posted by: Maureen

 

By Maureen Bonatch 

Are you ready for a vacation? 

 If you’re like most people, you’ll say, yes! Often you might feel that you need a vacation to recover from a vacation. That’s one nice thing about books. It gives you the chance to virtually visit new places while never leaving the comfort of your own home. Or you take the book with you while you’re on vacation to read because reading adds that much more to your escape. 

When I go on vacation (which it’s been so long, it’s hard to remember what that’s like), one thing that’s hard is not getting to see my furry writing assistant while I’m away. Since I’ve been working remotely for the past few years I spend a lot of time with Scruff. 
   Just about every day is a relaxing vacation for Scruff.

I talk to him while I’m working even though he rarely answers more than the occasional stink eye. That’s what makes this cozy mystery collection all the more awesome. 

This limited time collection of cozy mysteries is all about celebrating summer and these stories take their furry companions with them. Check out my story Curses, Cats & Corpses included in When the Cat’s Away 


A black cat travels by tote bag to hijack a Florida vacation 

 Hi, I’m Marissa Hale. I took a summer job as a cocktail waitress at a nightclub in Florida to escape the cold Pennsylvania winter, and to visit Gran. Although staying with Gran at the retirement condo with a bunch of nosey witches becomes the least of my worries when I stumble upon a corpse in the club freezer. 

 My coworker, Burton, is suspect number one. If you met him and looked into his dead eyes you might understand why. Unfortunately, I’m a close second suspect since it appears spelling was involved. My spelling skills might not be up to par—but I’m no killer. 

I can only hope to avoid making this a permanent vacation in the slammer by solving this murder mystery with the help of Gran, a talking cat, and a demon with a real devil-doesn’t-care attitude. 


Pre-order your copy of When the Cat's Away today! 

  https://mollymysteries.com/WTCA_Kindle 

https://mollymysteries.com/WTCA_Apple

https://mollymysteries.com/WTCA_Nook 

https://mollymysteries.com/WTCA_Kobo


What's Your Favorite Vacation Spot?


Just a small-town girl, Maureen Bonatch leads a double life. She lives in a magical world as a novelist, and as a nurse leader in reality. Maureen’s first novella was a paranormal romance published when blogs were a new-fangled thing. She’s since changed her focus to writing paranormal cozy mysteries as M.L. Bonatch and urban fantasy as Maureen Bonatch. 

While she’s not busy writing or doing nurse-things, she’s a mom to her twin daughters, bicycling in the beautiful woods of PA with her hubby, doing the bidding of a feisty Shih Tzu, and dancing as much as possible. She believes music can be paired with every mood, laughter is contagious, and that caffeine and wine are essential for survival.

Find Maureen on her website, Facebook & Twitter. Be the first to know about Maureen’s book sales and new releases by following her on BookBub, Amazon and/or signing up for her newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...