Tuesday, May 5, 2020

My Most Anticipated Books for May

Posted by: Nicole Luiken


1/ Network Effect by Martha Wells – I love the Murderbot novellas and cannot wait to dive into a full-length novel. Grumpy cyborg with anxiety problems for prefers to escape into media rather than interact with people. Start with All Systems Red. You won’t be sorry.
2/ Penric’s Travels by Lois McMaster Bujold – In her retirement one of my favourite authors, Bujold, has started writing connected novellas. This is an omnibus of 4, 5, and 6 of the Penric novellas. I’ve read them as ebooks, but couldn’t resist the cover art on the print edition.
3/ Chaos Reigning by Jessie Mihalik – I loved the first two books in this SFR trilogy, Polaris Rising and Aurora Blazing, so am looking forward to book three.
4/ Minimum Wage Magic by Rachel Aaron – I have been waiting years for this to release in paperback. This is a spinoff series to Heartstrikers which I really enjoyed.
5/ Fiery Crown by Jeffe Kennedy – Quality fantasy romance. Book one was The Orchid Throne.
6/ A Brightness Long Ago by Guy Gavriel Kaye – This came out in hard cover last year and I’ve been impatiently waiting for the trade paperback to come out. Kaye is a marvelous fantasy writer and master of the scene.
7/ Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins – This one is a bit iffy. I’m not keen on making over President Snow as a hero and prequels are always the risky (since the ending can’t be happy), but Ms. Collins is such an exceptional writer I’m willing to give this a try.

What new releases are you looking forward to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...