Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Name That Fantasy Land

Posted by: Joely Sue Burkhart
I'm having a blast writing up a fun little wizard BDSM story for our Here Be Magic anthology. I haven't settled on the title yet, but I'm thinking either "Greeneyes" or "Nightgazer."

The characters tickle me. The worldbuilding and magic system have come together pretty well. But I'm having a problem with names.

Specifically, my main fantasy land or country name. I have no idea what it is!

So I thought I'd give you a chance to name the country and win a cool prize.

This story has a "Howl's Moving Castle" vibe with some elements of BDSM that are crucial to the magic system. The wizard hero is named Oyrin Nightgazer.  His heroine is Matilda the Twenty Third heir to King Harald the Tyrant, but she's better known as Matilda Greeneyes, the cat shapeshifting familiar who brings the obstinate wizard to heel.

A few place names I've created so far:  Willow on the Green and the Grove. The wizard council is called the Stone Circle. So you can see I've tried to stay with "standard" names - e.g. without really weird spellings or extra punctuation.

If you have any ideas for the name of the country these characters might live in, shout them out in comments. If I pick your name, I'll send you a $10 gift certificate to your favorite online book retailer and also name you in the story's acknowledgements.

Fire away with your best creative recommendations!

~ * ~

Joely Sue Burkhart has always loved heroes who hide behind a mask, the darker and more dangerous the better.  Whether cool, sophisticated billionaire, brutal bloodthirsty assassin, or simply a man tortured by his own needs, they all wear masks to protect themselves.  Once they finally give you a peek into the passionate, twisted secrets they’re hiding, they always fall hard and fast.  Dare to look beneath the mask with delicious BDSM in a wide variety of genres with Joely on her websiteTwitter and Facebook.  Be sure to check out her free reads!

4 comments:

  1. The Thicket, Gaia or Terra...I chose these names because things seem to be nature based.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawken, Carned, Torshire, Crannich, Easthart

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valcrescia, Rocque, Galaan, Liskaria, Roccian, Cragmire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the ideas, everyone! None of these jump out at me yet but if I change my mind, I'll contact you! If you have other ideas, shout them out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...