Sunday, May 10, 2015

Going to RT Con in Dallas next week?

Posted by: Jax Garren
Me at RT 2 years ago.
This time I'll have short hair!
(And probably the same dress.)
At the last minute-ish I got the opportunity to go to RT (that's Romantic Times Convention), and I'm super pumped. (Also...that would be why this post is so short. I'm frantically getting ready!) For those unfamiliar, RT is an enormous convention for romance readers and writers to meet and mingle. There are tons of activities, parties every night, writing workshops, and lots of opportunities for dressing up! My costumes this year suck, which is sorta embarrassing because they're all Texas themed events and I'm, er, a native Texan who doesn't own a cowboy hat. But I'll still enjoy dancing!

I attended RT for the first and only time two years ago in Kansas City. The number of people was overwhelming but doable for the few days RT lasts. I loved having a chance to dress up in heels and wear makeup for a few days--a far cry from my normal just-me-and-my-computer look! My favorite part, though is meeting new people. If you see me around, feel free to say "hello!" I'm happy to have a chat.

Anyone else out there going to RT this year? What's your favorite part of the con?

6 comments:

  1. Missing it this year sadly. I loved meeting all the people! Have FUN...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to miss you this year. Maybe I'll see you at RWA. :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you again, Jax!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...