Here are a few places where my dark muse has taken watch. Be warned, it isn't all pretty...
- Believe--TV show about a girl with supernatural powers that others are fighting to harness for good...or eeeeeevil.
- Blacklist--because if James Spader isn't inspiring enough as a baddie with good--?-- intentions, you need therapy
- Thor, The Dark World--come on, who hasn't wondered what dark elves might be like? Though I admit I thought the movie's take on them could have been darker. And I always love Loki
- Pan's Labyrinth--a dark, emotionally complex movie with creatures straight out of your nightmares
- The Boxtrolls--coming soon to a movie theater near you. The little claymation trolls are so ugly and cute I want to cuddle with them forever. I love when monsters aren't the bad guys
- Morgan Hawke's Interstellar Service & Discipline series. Her skeldhi heroes are dark, fierce, and make pets out of humans. And man, I have read these books so many times it's not funny.
- Hub's The Haunting Hour--what can I say? I have kids. These spooky tales combine innocence with creeptastic visions of what strikes fear into the hearts and minds of children.
- I recenlty watched a 2 minute horror short called Lights Out. It's seriously well done, and if you don't mind sleeping with all your lights on for days, give it a shot. No gore, just scare.
website | blog | facebook
follow me on twitter @MHarte_Author
USA Today Bestselling Author