Thursday, October 27, 2011

THE DOUBT MONSTER by Melinda Leigh

Posted by: Melinda Leigh
No, I'm not talking about a new paranormal creature or a Halloween costume. I'm referring to self-doubt, which is just as scary.

I'm having a problem with my current project.  It's a good kind of problem.  I just received several really great reviews on my debut book, SHE CAN RUN, a romantic suspense releasing at the end of November from Montlake Romance.  These were biggies, too.  Publisher's Weekly and RT Book Reviews.

SO.  Now I'm staring my work-in-process in the face, thinking, "is this as good?"

Rayna Vause and I have a paranormal novella, Amazon Heat, releasing in January 2012 from Carina Press.  I should be more relaxed about subsequent reviews, right?  Guess what?  I'm not.

I know in my brain that there will be good and bad reviews down the road. Readers and reviewers are as different as authors and books. There's something for everyone out there in the literary world, and that's a beautiful thing.

How do you overcome the mid-manuscript doubt? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...